WBBG is Washington's only statewide organization dedicated to the bed and breakfast industry. It is the recognized standard and voice, industry leader, and information resource for Washington B&B's and guests. A list of benefits and criteria are listed below.
What our inkeeper members say about WBBG:
"From a marketing perspective WBBG is always in our top five sources for bookings. It is definitely a source of quality traffic to our web site. We easy recoup our membership fee many times over each year." Nathan and Casey Allan, Swantown Inn Bed & Breakfast, 7 year member.
"We joined as Aspiring Innkeepers for educational purposes, since opening our B&B we often get bookings that are 300% of our membership dues. Regardless of our return on membership we find the fellowship with other innkeepers to be priceless!." Don and Linda Malatesta, The Inn at Mallard Cove, 5 year member.
WBBG Innkeeper Membership Benefits
- The WBBG Logo is our quality seal of approval. Use it when marketing your innpotential guests want the peace of mind assured by our ”inspected & approved” logo.
- WBBG.com Listing: WBBG provides one of the most active lodging websites in the state of Washington. Monthly statistics are provided to members.
- “InnStep” e-Newsletter: This monthly newsletter is full of information to keep you informed on the latest WBBG events and news, legislative updates, marketing and continuing education tips, and scam alerts.
- Legislative Representation: We have a government relations liaison, who works with government agencies and the WA Tourism Alliance to represent B&B interests.
- Gift Certificates: The WBBG sells $7-10K in gift certificates annually. Unlike most gift certificate programs, ours are redeemed at 100% of face value.
- Annual Meeting and Regional Gatherings: Keep up-to-date via continuing education at our annual meeting and close to home at regional gatherings. Meet and network with innkeepers from around the state and bring back valuable business information for your inn.
- Associate Members: Gain professional contacts and special offers from those companies serving our industry who become associate members of WBBG.
- Social Media Marketing: We blog, facebook, and tweet news from our members for potential guests and use targeted marketing on facebook to draw customers to WBBG.
- Member Support: WBBG online member forum via an active private Facebook page to support communication between member innkeepers within our state. Another great way to network with members.
- Great Value: So many benefits, yet with dues as low as $249 per year !
Criteria for WBBG Inn Membership:
- Inns of up to 20 rooms
- Located within Washington State
- Appropriately licensed
- Full or continental breakfast is included in the room rate
- Innkeepers living on or in close proximity to the property
- Meets Guild's Standards of Membership
The cost of Innkeeper membership is:
- A one-time $149.00 inspection and processing fee, due at the time of application.
- Yearly membership dues are $399 per year, with $50 discounts for early pay or first year of membership, and a $100 first year refund for adding the WBBG Widget.
- Dues are prorated from October 1.
Download our Membership Criteria (Standards of Membership)
Note: WBBG has a new mailing address in 2015:
Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild, 2442 NW Market St., Suite 155, Seattle, 98107. However, the fastest and best way to reach WBBG is still online via the "contact" page on this website. You may also contact us about membership by emailing email@example.com.
Aspiring Innkeepers and Industry Suppliers can join too!
Businesses that offer products or services to the B&B industry or that share the Guild's interest in promoting the industry, are welcome to apply for Associate Membership.
WBBG's Aspiring Innkeeper program is designed to meet the needs of Washington's future innkeepers. Many of our members who now own successful bed and breakfasts started as WBBG Aspiring Innkeepers.
The cost for Associate or Aspiring Innkeeper Membership is $199 for the first year and $99 for subsequent years.