Things to do in Langley WA this Summer
There are a number of great reasons to visit Langley, Wa on Whidbey Island anytime of year. This sleepy little seaside village is alive with activity...if you know where to look for it. Artists, restaurants, shopping and outdoor activities are all found while strolling through this charming town. I like Langley anytime of year, but summer is the ideal time for a getaway to this beautiful island town, just a short trip from Seattle.
Once you've enjoyed a great latte and the great view, what else can you do?
- Meerkerk Gardens The rhododendrons are in full bloom so this is the perfect time and place to celebrate the state flower. Open 9:00 to 4:00pm daily, this not-for-profit garden includes includes 43 acres of land and 4+ miles of nature trails. This spot is perfect for the whole family.
- Spring and summer brings the bounty of Washington. Visit the local farmer's markets, in Bayview and Coupeville, Saturdays, 10:00 - 2:00pm
- As part of the OrcaNetwork, the new Langley Whale Center shares the lives of gray whales, orcas and other marine animals of the Salish Sea. This non-profit organization's goal is to educate the public about the whale population in the Pacific Northwest and the highlight the importance of preserving their safe habitat.
- Memorial Day Weekend is all about celebration. Join visitors and locals for the Memorial Day Parade, concert and town picnic in Coupeville on May 24.
- Do you like wine? Don't miss the Whidbey Island Spring Case Sale, June 7 & 8. 20% off cases!
- All gardeners....Tour several private Whidbey Island gardens on the Whidbey Island Garden Tour, June 28. Advance tickets, $20.
Thanks to Eagle's Nest Inn owners Jerry and Joanne Lechner for giving us a heads up on all the great happenings on Whidbey in June. They have created the perfect place to relax and unwind so very close to Langley. Their 4 spacious rooms have views of the Puget Sound, Mt. Baker and the Cascades. Certified by the National Wildlife Federationa nd Washington State Fish and Wildlife Habitat, this is a spot where people and wildlife meet. To learn more about Eagle's Nest Inn, visit here! Reserving your next stay online is easy!