Coupeville: What a Great Place to Getaway
Coupeville, the second oldest town in Washington state is tucked away on Whidbey Island. You can reach this charming, historic waterfront town two ways. One is a quick and scenic ferry ride. The other, a leisurely drive through the Skagit Valley and over Deception Pass. Whichever route you choose, Coupeville is the ideal destination for a relaxing getaway. This small historic town is big on charm and photo ops. There are several great restaurants, one of my favorite ice cream shops and plenty of shopping. If you like to hike, head to Ebey's Landing or Fort Casey National Park for great trails. My favorite is walking along the bluffs, with expansive views across the sound.
Coupeville also offers a number of festivals and other activities. Thanks to the Blue Goose Inn, Coupeville for this list of upcoming events!
- May 10, 2014, Cooking Class at Blue Goose Inn: Join Becky in this fun and creative class featuring lemon and local lavender
- April 5, 2014, Coupeville Farmers Market Reopens: Local vendors, arts and crafts and food, all in one spot!
- April 13, 2014, Whidey Half Marathon: Full and Half Marathon courses as well as a 5k and 10 k run. Something for everyone along with the spectactular views!
- May 10, 2014, Penn Cove Water Festival: Arts and crafts, foods, races and entertainment all centered around this area's Native American Heritage. Great for the whold family.
- April 25 - 27, 2014, Holland Happening: Celebrate everything dutch in Oak Harbor. This is the 46th annual Holland Happening featuring this areas dutch heritage.
Don't forget that whale watching is back in full swing. Boats leave from Langley and Oak Harbor.