Poppy's Bishop Bread
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Enough hot water to dissolve baking soda
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Save out one cup of this mixture to use as topping.
- Add 1 beaten egg, buttermilk and soda dissolved in water to the above mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved mixture on top.