What is the Best Romantic Getaway in Washington State?
In February many people are looking for a romantic getaway. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to treat that special someone. The Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild offers a number of romantic getaways in Washington state, including the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins at right. With inns located from Walla Walla to Bellingham, Leavenworth to the Long Beach Peninsula, we have a variety of getaways close to Seattle.
Your custom getaway may include a romantic candlelight dinner, Valentine roses or a world class Washington wine. Perhaps that special someone wants a challenging hike, ample shopping or a view of mountains and snow. If any of these fit the bill, we have a spot for you. You choose the spot. You choose the amenities. You create your very own special romantic getaway.
Visit wbbg.com and start the search for your very own Valentine's Day getaway.
Once you have reserved the spot, consider some of these great valentine's day ideas to warm the heart of that special someone.
1. Create a book. Include all the reasons you love your partner...include pictures of fun vacations or holidays that you have shared together. This can be something you create by hand or use one of the online book creators, like Shutterfly.
2. Give your partner a dozen red roses. (our innkeepers can arrange this!) Add a special little note to each rose that includes what makes your partner special.
3. Hide those cute little Heart Candies with messages in your partners shoes, car, coat pocket....or a million other places where they can be surprised. (ask your innkeeper do hide a few around your room as a surprise when you arrive!)
4. Have your innkeeper reserve a table in a great local restaurant. After you both order, each one jot down a list of your favorite times of the past year and then share your lists.
5. Get a cute little Valentines gift bag. Fill the bag with little slips of paper, each one describing a type of kiss. Then, encourage your partner to choose the kiss of their choice!
6. Surprise your partner! Reserve two nights in a great Washington bed and breakfast. Arrange for you both to be off work. Arrange for child or pet care. Have you innkeeper help reserve dinner as well as including some special gifts in your room like chocolates, wine, champagne or flowers. Take responsibility for the entire getaway! What a welcome surprise.
7. Have 11 roses delivered to your partner. Save the 12th and have it waiting in your romantic room at the inn.
8. Create a special Valentine's Gift Bag. Include chocolates, cute lingerie, a book of romantic poems, a favorite romantic comedy DVD... Send these to the inn and have them waiting in your room.
9. Bake your partners favorite dessert. My husband LOVES red velvet cake. Whatever the dessert, bake it and present it with a romantic poem you created for your partner.
10. Take time with your partner. Take time to talk. Take time to listen. Sometimes just being there is a great beginning to a special getaway. Choose a BnB with a great view or romantic fireplace and just spend time together. In today's busy world, this solitude and togetherness may be the best gift ever!