What is the Best Romantic Getaway in Washington State?
In February many people are looking for a romantic getaway. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to treat that special someone. The Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild offers a number of romantic getaways in Washington state, including the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins at right. With inns located from Walla Walla to Bellingham, Leavenworth to the Long Beach Peninsula, we have a variety of getaways close to Seattle.
Your custom getaway may include a romantic candlelight dinner, Valentine roses or a world class Washington wine. Perhaps that special someone wants a challenging hike, ample shopping or a view of mountains and snow. If any of these fit the bill, we have a spot for you. You choose the spot. You choose the amenities. You create your very own special romantic getaway.
Start your search with the WBBG for your very own Valentine's Day getaway.
Once you have reserved the spot, consider some of these great valentine's day ideas to warm the heart of that special someone.
1. Create a book. Include all the reasons you love your partner...include pictures of fun vacations or holidays that you have shared together. This can be something you create by hand or use one of the online book creators, like Shutterfly.
2. Give your partner a dozen red roses. (our innkeepers can arrange this!) Add a special little note to each rose that includes what makes your partner special.
3. Hide those cute little Heart Candies with messages in your partners shoes, car, coat pocket....or a million other places where they can be surprised. (ask your innkeeper do hide a few around your room as a surprise when you arrive!)
4. Have your innkeeper reserve a table in a great local restaurant. After you both order, each one jot down a list of your favorite times of the past year and then share your lists.
5. Get a cute little Valentines gift bag. Fill the bag with little slips of paper, each one describing a type of kiss. Then, encourage your partner to choose the kiss of their choice!
6. Surprise your partner! Reserve two nights in a great Washington bed and breakfast. Arrange for you both to be off work. Arrange for child or pet care. Have you innkeeper help reserve dinner as well as including some special gifts in your room like chocolates, wine, champagne or flowers. Take responsibility for the entire getaway! What a welcome surprise.
7. Have 11 roses delivered to your partner. Save the 12th and have it waiting in your romantic room at the inn.
8. Create a special Valentine's Gift Bag. Include chocolates, cute lingerie, a book of romantic poems, a favorite romantic comedy DVD... Send these to the inn and have them waiting in your room.
9. Bake your partners favorite dessert. My husband LOVES red velvet cake. Whatever the dessert, bake it and present it with a romantic poem you created for your partner.
10. Take time with your partner. Take time to talk. Take time to listen. Sometimes just being there is a great beginning to a special getaway. Choose a BnB with a great view or romantic fireplace and just spend time together. In today's busy world, this solitude and togetherness may be the best gift ever!
Washington Inns Nearby
Stay at One of These Great Inns
Our warm, elegant and comfortable 10-room inn and full-service day spa is in the heart of La Conner, WA. Some suites include huge Jacuzzi's, fireplaces and two beds. Our common areas and lovely garden are warm and inviting. All rooms feature private bath, flatscreen TV, DVD player, wifi.
Nestled in the hills above the main street of LaConner, Katy's Inn was built in the late 1800's. The home was first owned by Captain John Peck, and his family moved to the area in 1882. In 19
Viewmont Manor is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, up on the hillside overlooking Western Washinton University and Bellingham Bay. We specialize in comfort and hospitality.
Our elegant 9 room waterfront Inn and restaurant has been thoughtfully upgraded to a contemporary standard of style and comfort, and yet still has that countryside peaceful feel. With serene
Set in the seaside town of Coupeville, The Blue Goose Inn offers spacious, well-appointed rooms in neighboring historic Victorian homes built in the 1880s. Beautiful views, scrumptious full breakfast, and plenty of friendly service; within walking distance to the waterfront, shops, and restaurants.
The Anchorage Inn Bed and Breakfast is a Victorian Inn, located on beautiful Whidbey Island, in Puget Sound, Washington. The Anchorage Inn is located in the historic town of Coupeville, overlooking picturesque Penn Cove. Coupeville was home to many of the Northwest's sea captains during the late 19th century.
One of the Top Rated B&B's in Washington! One hour north of Seattle and 15 mins. from I-5, Arlington is the nature lovers choice. Near wineries, Seattle Premium Outlets, Tulalip Casino and North Cascades National Park. Luxurious suites with tubs for two, flat screen TV's, spa and hearty breakfasts
This graceful and comfortable inn offers seven bedrooms, each with a private bath and decorated with a blend of fine antiques and contemporary pieces. In addition we offer the very private Orchard House with four spacious bedrooms, each with full baths and private decks.
Enjoy old-world charm in this one-of-a-kind Inn located in the heart of historic Friday Harbor. Relax in your private hot tub, take in the views of the harbor, or curl up in front of your fireplace. The Inn has six fully furnished suites including well-stocked kitchens, sleeping 2-10 adults and extended families in comfort. You’ll be pampered with delicious gourmet breakfasts delivered to your door. Our bikes and kayaks are available complementary to tour the island by land or water. Spend the day cavorting with Orcas whales, kayaking, zipping through the island's interior or hiking at one of two National Park sites. The Inn specializes in group travel, retreats, weddings and family reunions. Pet-friendly.
Argyle House Bed and Breakfast, an original Craftsman design home, was built in 1910. It is one of the few Friday Harbor homes that still retains its original charm and character. Located two blocks from downtown Friday Harbor. Dogs and children are welcome. Enjoy our lovely gardens and hot tub.